Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Skiing to Canoeing

The skiing in Bend continued to be amazing, it would freeze overnight and be a bit icy and fast first thing and soften up into perfect corn snow by late morning. I was able to ski almost every morning that I was there and then I would go either running or mountain biking in the afternoon. I want to give a big thank you to the Shannon family for letting me stay with them in Bend. Not only did they have a bed but they fed me everyday as well!

On Friday of Memorial day weekend I drove home to the Methow and then went on a Canoe trip Saturday, Sunday, Monday with my mom and the Rorher family. This trip was the perfect recovery activity after two weeks of hard training. A highlight of the trip was that my friend Jacqueline flew into our campsite with her family on Sunday and brought us some delicious strawberry peach cobbler.

On this coming Saturday I am heading back out to Fort Kent, Maine to begin my summer training with the Maine Winter Sports center.

Also there was a nice article written on fasterskier about me... http://fasterskier.com/article/biathlete-on-the-rise-smith-earns-national-team-nomination-as-u-s-builds-for-future/ 


Perfect ski tracks in Bend


Canoeing on Ross Lake 





A Bridge over one of the creeks flowing into the lake

There were lots of waterfalls cascading down ( We must have been in the cascade mountains)

Jacqueline getting back in her plane with boomer


The crew both canoers and flyers



No comments:

Post a Comment