Wednesday, December 23, 2015

IBU Cup here I come!



Today I was telling my mom that I felt bad because I have not written a blog post in a long time because I have not been very inspired to write lately so she said just put up a bunch of pictures and let them tell the stories. So thats exactly what I am going to do.... with a little bit of writing. 

I finally made it Canmore, Alberta where the skiing was great especially compared to the 1/2km loop in Craftsbury.  In Canmore I did a Noram race and a couple of time trials and we had our IBU cup trials. The IBU cup trials started a little rocky and I was a ways down the results page mostly because my skiing was not super fast. With each race my skiing felt better and my shooting stayed consistently good. The last two races I placed 3rd and 1st. I was really happy to finally pull things together at the end. My results were just good enough to get me named to the IBU cup team so I will be leaving on January 4th to race in Europe on the IBU cup circuit for 3 weeks.  I am now at home for Christmas enjoying the amazing winter we are having in the Pacific Northwest.

Enjoying a nice ski with my mom in Winthrop

Doing so shoveling on the ski trails behind my grandpas house
Revisiting the crash site in Canmore was pretty crazy, I flew threw the air much further then I thought probably about 50 feet before hitting the tree. The red arrows show where I left the trail and the tree that I hit. 


I went snowmobiling for the first time in a year and it was AMAZING, I couldn't have asked for better conditions 


Getting ready to start a race in Canmore, I started right behind Ethan my teammate

Skiing with some of the GRP rowers in Craftsbury on the manmade loop

The 1/2km loop in Craftsbury

Ethan and Mike shooting in Canmore

While in Canmore we watched Lindsey Vonn win the GS World Cup at Lake Louise


Racing in Canmore

The whole Craftsbury team enjoying the sunshine in Canmore

No comments:

Post a Comment