Sunday, February 22, 2015

Canmore training

For the past week I have been training in Canmore, Alberta in preparation for the upcoming IBU cups. The training has been really good, I have been able to get in ski, shooting, and strength training. The skis trails are in great shape with plenty of snow and it was been pretty nice out. Perfect temperatures and a mix of sun and snowy days. This morning I raced in the Canadian IBU cup trials it was only a one day race but a good prep for the IBU cups. My shooting was below par with 3 misses 1 prone and 2 standing but my skiing felt pretty good. My ski speed was similar to all of the top Canadian guys so I was pretty happy about that. The race was a 10km sprint, the same course that I will be racing for three of the IBU cups. It was good that I had the opportunity to race this course because it is a tough one and if your not careful you can burn yourself. 

full results can be found here... http://zone4.ca/results.asp?id=7331


I would like to give a big thanks to Rita Kenny at Winthrop Mountain Sports who donated all of the race wax that myself and the entire Methow Valley Biathlon team will need for both the North American Championships and US Nationals. Rita is continuously generous with her support to me and the nordic community. If you ever are in Winthrop you must stop at her store, she has everything for any kind of outdoor journey or adventure you could possibly imagine. 

Walking up to the nordic center

Results from the IBU trials race

Casey Smith Biathlon IBU trials
Racing today photos thanks to Katrina Howe

Casey Smith Biathlon IBU trials
More of me racing with an awesome backdrop

Casey Smith Biathlon IBU trials
Standing shooting

Casey Smith Biathlon IBU trials
Another mid race shot

Casey Smith Biathlon IBU trials
Racing in Canmore

No comments:

Post a Comment